Understanding The Steps To Take When Construction Disputes Arise
The construction business is a fluid, dynamic industry where even the smallest changes and details can give rise to huge problems. For those reasons and more, disputes are common. The downsides here are both common and obvious — increased project costs, reduced profitability and business relationships needed for continued success placed in jeopardy. Yet solutions that work are often much harder to find.
When you need a results-oriented law firm with a strong record of achieving timely yet satisfying and cost-effective resolutions to construction disputes in Orange County, Los Angeles or anywhere else in California, contact the Law Offices of John R. Lobherr, Inc.
Making Certain Your Defense Is Prepared Correctly
There are a couple of things to keep in mind when construction defect issues arise. Considerations include:
- New SB 800 “Right to Repair Defenses” should be factored into the way you create contracts and how you conduct business.
- Shifting risks and managing insurance strategies must be understood and become a part of every construction project.
Getting answers, immediately, 24/7 from your lawyer must be part of the deal. We provide services and guidance in construction defect disputes. This is what we do and this is why our clients have chosen us over our competition.
The Ability to Resolve Construction Disputes In A Timely Manner
Our firm has been providing effective, efficient and timely resolutions to construction issues and wage disputes in this region for more than 30 years. Construction law is the sole focus of our entire practice; in fact, and we are confident in our ability to achieve similar results for you. Our experience here includes:
- Payment and collection matters
- Prompt payment of penalties
- Insurance coverage issues, surety matters and bond claims
- Discrepancies and competing interpretations regarding scope of work clauses, work specifications and project plans
- Change orders, construction delays and disruption claims
- Construction cost accountings
- Defective and nonconforming work claims
- Dissolution of construction businesses, partnerships, joint ventures and corporations
- Evaluation of insurance policies to determine whether insurance company parties should be involved in the dispute resolution process
Attorney John R. Lobherr is skilled in negotiating equitable outcomes for parties on all sides of these disputes. He also has an extensive track record of success when it comes to resolving disputes through mediation and arbitration, and when necessary, in state and federal (Miller Act) court proceedings and administrative hearings.
We can protect your interests, defend your rights and help you preserve important business relationships that are critical to the success of your own business. Schedule an initial consultation with California construction defect lawyer John R. Lobherr by calling our Irvine offices at 714-401-4016 or contacting us online.